Monday, July 13, 2009

Murphy’s Laws - Have you been a victim?

I am going to be AWOL for a few days. I am finishing my final project for my Constitutional Law course, but don’t fret, I will be back with my nonsense before you know it.

I am blogging about Murphy’s Laws today. You know: “If something can go wrong, it will.” “If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.” I have complained about Murphy’s Law before and I write again, because well, I am an expert on how things can go wrong at precisely the moment you need them to go right. Lately, Murphy’s Law refuses to leave me alone. It seems like if anything can go wrong, it will.

All I know is that Murphy’s Law should be renamed Mom’s Law and this is coming from an expert. How come five minutes after you change the baby’s diaper, the baby pulls a number two, and the odor is so bad that you have no choice but to turn around and change the baby because waiting for the daycare to do it is out of the question? How come your sick child always manages to throw up on the carpet in front of the bathroom? Or when you clean your home and it looks just perfect for company, but there are no shows, but the minute your kids tear it apart, the doorbell rings. A great one is when you are all dressed up to go out and a sticky or dirty hand makes it on your clothing. Children are attracted to your best clothes like a magnet. How come when you go to the bathroom everyone needs your full attention? How about the minute you set down to have a moment to yourself? The other ironic twist is that even though Dad is around, the kids need Mom.

Previous examples of Murphy’s Law That Have Forced Me to Be a Victim
• Your child gets sick and you have a presentation to give at work, and dear daddy is nowhere to be found.
· You are running late and you forget the children’s lunches
· The baby spits up on your shirt and you don’t notice it until after that important presentation that you were already late for and had to run out of because you have to drop that sick child off at your mother’s.
· The only time you find a close parking spot when you get to the grocery store is when you have none of the children with you.
· Your noisy neighbor (That stay at home mom that makes everything from scratch and has that spotless home – you know her. Yes, the mom with the polite children that look and act nothing like yours!) only comes over when your kids have turned your living room into Fort Knox.
· One of the kids gets sick before Christmas - right about the time you have run out of sick days and you end up having to borrow a vacation day, or two or three or in my case, four, from the upcoming year.
· How about when you send your child to school, knowing all too well, that they are sick, and praying the school nurse does not call, but sure enough, she calls the minute you arrive at your desk.

For more on Murphy’s Laws, check out Murphy’s Laws of Parenting HERE.

What about you? Have you been a victim?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your final project!!

    And my example of Murphy's Law? When my daughter spends the night at her grandparents' house and Dad2Amara and I are too tired to "enjoy" each other's company and fall right asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there. Done that. Thanks for sharing Mom2Amara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely. "Mommy's Law" just keeps going as they get older too. It never fails that after I've left the house, he calls & needs me to bring him something. Or he forgets to the morning of to tell me about an important date. Or he texts me to say we need dog food as I'm pulling in the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Con Law project. Loved this post; it's so true. Daredevil threw up on our carpet last week right in front of the bathroom (exactly 1 day after a professional cleaning. Finally got the keepsake post up, here it is http://owwm.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-first-blog-award.html Thanks again for giving me my first award!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Advertisements (and other crap) will be deleted.

If you are entering a giveaway, you have to leave your email address so I can contact you.

If you have any issues with the comment box, email me at lanab2005@msn.com. Thanks.