Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Pal Scout Recall

This is Scout and my 11th month loves Scout. He sleeps with Scout, he plays and sings with Scout, and Scout goes everywhere. My Pal Scout is an adorable green dog with plastic decals on its paws. When the decals are pushed, the dog plays songs, speaks, barks, and even can be programmed to say the child’s name.

The Scout recall is a voluntary of about 3,700 units that were sold. The hazard is that the paws of the plush toy can be removed and apparently ingested by a child. Thus, they pose a choking hazard. There have been two reports of children removing the decals, including a report of a child ingesting a decal. Apparently, Leap Frog has asked that the toy be taken away from young children and that we contact them for a return and replacement.

So we took Scout away from the baby on Monday night and he was not thrilled. He spent the entire evening barking to let us know that he wanted Scout. He got up in the middle of the night and called out “Mama” and then barked to let me know he wanted Scout.

All I have got to say to is that Leap Frog better get their act together and send me a new Scout very fast, and they better pray that my little guy doesn’t notice that it is not “his” Scout. I am so tempted to hand Scout back to him, especially if he continues to bark. I will let you know how that plays out. Leap Frog - get your act together on this one.

For more information on the recall, go to the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission website. You can also contact Leap Frog at (800) 701-5327 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday or visit their website.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I so remember the days of taking away a toy for their safety and then having a not-so-happy child. Kinda like when you take away my wine o'clock :)

    Hope you get a new Scout soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.

Advertisements (and other crap) will be deleted.

If you are entering a giveaway, you have to leave your email address so I can contact you.

If you have any issues with the comment box, email me at lanab2005@msn.com. Thanks.